Wednesday, 17 September 2008

The Altar Cloth In Progress

At the weekend I made some progress on the dreaded altar cloth. This was designed as a commission for a local prep school by a very talented machine embroiderer, with the aim that it would be a group project. The embroiderer was unable to carry on with it, the group of volunteers lost their way and I agreed, in a weak moment, to complete the commission. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely design, but it's someone else's design and work that I'm continuing with and trying to make it work. Tracing and cutting out the dratted leaves took 2 evenings of cutting mind-numbing pieces out in front of the tv, I lost count after 250...

Today I made 2 more ATCs for the Beautiful Trees swap, summer cherries and another autumn tree. I've used 3 different tree stamps and have several more. Hmm... need to stop buying tree stamps!

At the Stamp Attic on Monday I made up for the lack of Get Well Soon stamps with the one on this card as well as the words themselves. This is for someone just diagnosed with breast cancer and I wanted the up-beat message for it. Clear flower stamps were used with fluid chalk inks.

I also got another Tilda stamp while I was there, the way you do. I have to work tonight so I'll have to wait for another day to play with her.

Oh, I did one more card with the flower stamps, for no one in particular, while the stamps were out.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog, please do leave your comments, I love to read them :) Anne x