Friday, 30 January 2009
It was great fun and Karen did a really good job of keeping us all together with our cardmaking. I admit that I found it difficult, I'm a real control freak and I don't like to cut into my paper without knowing what it will be on a card :).
My card has ended up very busy! It was a fun exercise and it was really interesting to see how everyone's cards were different, and yet the same. I didn't colour my image until the card was ready to assemble, which gave me a little chance to co-ordinate it with the rest of the card.
Stamp Attic papers, stamp from Shirley2Girls.
Thursday, 29 January 2009
Wednesday, 28 January 2009
5. Deby and
Tuesday, 27 January 2009
Monday, 26 January 2009
Finally, my parents bought me some Glimmer Mists which I played with yesterday. Usually I just use all the sprays I have at random, but here the only added spray was Gold to the candy apple red on one page. Some are left sprayed, some are wiped across with kitchen roll to even out the colour. One of the blues has bubble wrap applied to it and several have cling-film spread across, which is one of my favourite ways to use them. Aren't they gorgeous?
Sunday, 25 January 2009
Friday, 23 January 2009
I had some gorgeous handmade cards for my birthday: Tilda is from Emily at UKATC group and Especially For You is from Sara L, another UKATCer. The Martini Bella is from my stamping "sister" Janet.
I also got a bunch of ATCs from the UKATC group: thank you Chris L, Helen, Sandra, Roz, Gerry, Hope and Sara J.
Thursday, 22 January 2009
Tuesday, 20 January 2009
Sunday, 18 January 2009
Saturday, 17 January 2009
Friday, 16 January 2009
Thursday, 15 January 2009
This card is made to show off the gorgeous Prima flowers that I bought a while back in the Stamp Attic. I got them home and realised that I couldn't find anything in the bright, clear acid colours to use them with. Having seen that Friday Sketchers used a 3-flower sketch this week I was determined to use them. http://fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/friday-sketchers-34-sponsored-by-scrapp.html
I eventually found the two-sided paper in my stash, which came from Auscraft when it went out of business last year, in colours that I thought worked ok with the flowers.
I decided to use a Rubber Romance stamp and had a try at colouring her with my new Copic pens that I won on the Magnolia/Stampavie Challenge. As you can see I need to work on my blending! She's also rather more tanned than I intended... :) Cotton ties are hand-dyed German thread that I bought years ago to braid with.