I've been meaning to use this image ever since I saw it used by Ann, a very talented fellow blogger. I finally got round to using it with this lovely Truly Scrumptious sketch. The Challenge also requires doodling which is not my strong point. I did a few doodles with my white pen on her coat and brolly, hope this counts! As I worked on the card it turned out to fit quite a few challenges...
- Truly Scrumptious Sketch Challenge (with doodling)
- Pile It On Challenge - let them eat cake
- Copics Colour Challenge - G02, Y11 & V15
- Basic Grey Challenge - embossing (I dry embossed)
- One Stop Craft Challenge - die cuts (yellow border)
- DareU2 Digistamp Challenge - punched shapes or diecuts
- Charisma Cardz Challenge - decoupage
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - 3D elements
Digi image from Hambo Stamps was coloured with Copics - hooray I had two of the three colours, my collection is growing :). Umbrella and some of the cupcakes cut from second image and decoupaged. Cakes, umbrella, hat and coat have Glossy Images to give them a sheen, coat has white stitching doodled on it. Basic Grey Cupcake papers used - of course :) - with their edges distressed. The yellow has been dry embossed with a swiss dot Cuttlebug folder, dots emphasized with the distress ink, then a die cut border added with a Woodware punch. I've decoupaged more cupcakes at the ends of the ric-rac, they looked unfinished without.
I had so much fun making this card, I hope you can tell from the end result :).