Followers

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #24 - your favourite technique or embellishment


 Good Morning and welcome to this week's Top Tip Tuesday Challenge.  This week Eileen has a fabulous tutorial where she shows you how to make a Tim Holtz style folio, full of useful tips and not to be missed, be sure to get on over to the blog and check it out!    The challenge is one I always find tough:  picking a favourite technique!  There are so many, but in the end I opted for using my tiny Scene-It stamps to create landscapes, something I love to do at the moment.  I also sneaked in some dry embossing and some distressing,  another couple of favourites.

The card uses Scene-It stamps from Hobby Art, coloured in with Aquamarker pens, dry embossing sponged with Distress Ink, a bit of twine across the corner and a computer generated sentiment.  Paper is from Stamp Attic.  I've used the sketch from Craft Your Days Away for my layout.  
My card os for the following challenges:
Craft Your Days Away -sketch
Papertake Weekly - anything goes + something old (embossing folder)
Wild Orchid Challenge - anything goes
House of Gilli - use green



13 comments:

  1. You're a star with those scene-it stamps Anne. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the rolling hills. The inked and embossed panel adds such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thanks for joining our Green Challenge at House of Gilli!
    Hugs, Wini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great scene! Thanks for joining us at the House of Gilli.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card, I have never used these stamp but you have made them look so interesting. I need to get some to try. These would be good for male cards. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this scene! I want to be there and follow the footpath sign!
    Hugs
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card thanks for playing with the sketch at CYDA

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Thanks so much for joining us at House of gilli this week. Hope you return often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous- love the scene, the beautiful coloring and you have chosen the absolutely best papers to frame your scene. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Anne love the scene but the embossing and distress inks just make it brilliant! Great choice lol I loveree distress inks and embossing, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card Anne, I love the scene and how you've coloured it. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our sketch challenge, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a very pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us at House of Gilli!
    xxx
    Vivi

    ps.: stop by on my blog to enter the blog candy, as you are joining the challenge, if you follow the rules you can have 2 chances to win 2 Gilli stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great GreenCard ! Tks for playing with us at the House of GILLI this week ! Hugs,Yone

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, please do leave your comments, I love to read them :) Anne x