Followers

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

New stamps, old stamps, guilt and some cards






Yesterday I went for a browse in the Stamp Attic, where Wendy was unpacking a box of the most delicious  stamps from a company called Memory Box, the first time I'd come across this brand.  So many of them had my name on them and with great restraint I came away with just two:  birds on bulrushes and a sentiment with a matching bird as a tiny stamp on one the ends.  They were meant to cheer me up but when I looked how full the drawer(s) of wooden stamps are in my craft room it gave me an attack of guilt.  So before I sat and played with the new stamps I got out an architecture stamp from Judikins that I'd never made a card with and played with it.  Some sort of Catholic guilt thing I suppose...  

I followed the Friday Sketchers Challenge, the stamp was too big for a circle so I used a circle mask to sponge Distress Inks on Barn Door, Corduroy and Wild Honey.  I painted a few details with the ink, added some Prima papers, also from the Stamp Attic and a torn bit of Coredinations card, and stitched round the image a couple of times.  This is also for Wild Orchid's Stitch it up ChallengeOoh La La's Challenge is "Nothing Floral" which fits all three cards :).

Now my guilt was a little assuaged I played with the new stamps.    I used the same Prima papers and followed the Card Positioning System's Sketch.  I added a white band of the birds to it as it looked a little empty without it.  The circle image has black Stickles on the bulrush heads, sorry it doesn't show up too well...  Beautiful stamp, isn't it.  Incy Wincy's Challenge this week is to use Sparkly things such as Stickles.



For the third card, I made it "just because" and didn't follow a sketch at all.  I've used the bird either side of the sentiment, the Distress Inks are Scattered Straw, Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender.  This is edged with gold reinker for Archival Pigment pads.


Now... there was an owl in a tree stamp, birds flying up from text, a birch tree trunk stamp... which will find its way home with me next I wonder?

8 comments:

  1. Wow all 3 of your cards are beautiful but I have to say the first one is my favourite I love those stitched edges and the colours
    Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all three are gorgeous. I love the way you sponged the circle in the first one, so neat. That bird stamp is wonderful and already you used it twice. Don't feel guilty, you deserve a little pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these cards- I love the first card how you accented with color over the circle- this is awesome! Great image too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne - these are lovely - like the simplicity of them. And hey - I have that Judikins stamp as well somewhere(!!) never used ...

    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Anne you have been busy. You made some beautiful cards. I like the new stamp but my favourite card as to be the first one. I love the colours and the architect stamp really lovely. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, Anne! Such great color and shading! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely! Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, you ROCK! All of these are totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, please do leave your comments, I love to read them :) Anne x