Followers

Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Are we nearly there yet?


Isn't this stamp adorable?  This is the first time my House Mouse Challenge win stamp has got inky.  It's a Moving Home card for my friend and colleague who is moving to Dublin at the end of the month, I will really miss her.   Charisma Cardz Challenge this week is Something with a Tail which really appealed to me as a theme, what a fun idea to work with and here are FOUR somethings with tails!  I worked with the sketch from Sweet Stampin' Challenge and aimed for Vintage which is the theme at House Mouse Challenge this week.  I like vintage but found it quite tricky to get it to work with a House Mouse image, think I've got it right though...  I've ended up with quite a bit of distressing going on with the vintage look:  the edge of the image and the piece of DP it's mounted on are both roughed up and also edged with Distress Inks, as is the sentiment.  Distressing is Cupcake Craft's Challenge this week.  Image is coloured with Copics, oh I sititched around it too, this card is my second entry for Paper Sundae's Stitching Challenge.

The DP is all Basic Grey Cappella; the sentiment is printed onto it as well but I've distress inked it and you can't really tell:).  I bought the lace today in Hay-on-Wye, we went for a day out looking around the bookshops and I found the most gorgeous shop called Bedazzled selling ribbons, lace and buttons.  This lace just said "vintage" to me so I bought a little bit...  Wild Orchid Challenge is Lovely Lace.  The flowers are Hero Arts, had them for ages and this is the last of them, the spacers under the brads are from Quixotic Paperie.

23 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest little image and perfect sentiment. Love your coloring and that vintage lace is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne this such a sweet image...so darling and fab take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Anne, you got it right, could not be lovelier and you worked the vintage in wonderfully. Great image and lots of tails too, love the antiquey looking lace, just beautiful. Great colors for this challenge. thanks for sharing it with us this challenge at House Mouse and Friends. Nicely done.

    Take Care
    Sue Drees

    ReplyDelete
  5. these House Mouse always make me smile they are sooo cute..thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite HM images. I'm a huge dog lover so melding HM with dogs couldn't be more perfect. You did a great card for the vintage take this week. Thanks for playing with us! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, this is the cutest!!!! Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such alovely card
    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on this HM image ! The stitching stands out and give it a warm feel ! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, the image is so cute and lovely. :)
    Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week. Hope to see you again!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne
    gorgeous card, fabulous vintage look, pretty papers & embelies, awesome colouring, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time,sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh love this! I love those sweet mouseys and your coloring is always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the sketch!!
    Love the sentiment..it was my sistes favourite when we were on days out lol!!

    Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This image of the house mouse stamp used in your wonderful card has to be my favourite..it is soooo cute :) Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne! Awwww, what an adorable card, this really is one of my most favorite HM stamps. You did an awesome job designing this beautiful card ... I love those cappella papers! So glad you could join us again at House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge!
    hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card and image. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is darling Anne! The pretty lace added that very vintage look to this fun image. Every time I see this image, I think of my dog...those lil meeces would have been thrown off and he would have his treat NOW! LOL Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous and I love the cute image, fab colours. Thanks for playing at Cupcake and Sweet Stampin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anne!
    Your card is awesome. This image ist so great and the wordard matches just perfect. Thank you very much for playing with us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww such an adorable card hun and that image is so precious! thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! Love this image! Thanks for joining us at HM&F Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Ann gorgeous creation love your image & colours great take on the chall...thanks for sharing & joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday chall.

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous card :-) I LOVE this image ,, sooo cute and the colours and papers you used are perfect ,, fab embellies too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, please do leave your comments, I love to read them :) Anne x